The recent Moodle upgrade to 3.7 contains some changes in the Dashboard that improves upon the changes in 3.5 and also includes other features. Here is a list of the most significant changes.
- The Dashboard has features that allow uploading of images to correspond to the Course.
- Dates in the edit course settings function determine whether the course shows up under In Progress, Future, and Past.
- The view offers courses sorted by Timeline or by Courses.
Course home page changes:
- A new notice Hidden from students appears below any topic section that has been hidden.
- New icons clarify the choices in the side drawer, i.e. participants, grades, etc.
Edit Settings in Course
- Red exclamation points replace red asterisks for fields that must be filled.
- Green question marks replace circled question marks to indicate help keys.
- The image block under Course summary files now show up in the Dashboard under the course listing.
Other changes of note
- The text editor in the modules now has different icons. Click here to see which ones have changed.
- Some of the modules (Assignment, Quiz) allow video recording submissions directly from Moodle. This feature is not supported in all browsers.